Rader Lodge: Waconda Lake Fishing
Jeff Rader and Rader Lodge guides fish on Waconda Lake Reservoir in which the lodge is up on the hill, overlooking the scenic lake (photo below). Jeff Rader has 24 years experience of walleye fishing in Kansas and has been written up in over 50 publications across the nation. Our guides are professional and do thier best to get you in to good fishing. View photos of recent fishing trips & customers.
Fishing Dates & Catch Expectations
- March 15 to April 5 - The ice is out and we start catfishing. We fish for catfish gorging on gizzard shad that were trapped in the winter ice. Can produce some fantastic catches of 3 to 10 pound channel cats.
- April 5 - April 25 - Mostly deep water crappies on the crappie beds. White bass are spawning in the rivers and walleye spawning on the rocks.
- April 25 - June 15 - Walleye and white bass. Also spawning crappie.
- June 15 - June 30 - White bass surfacing and also catching white bass under the lights. Great fun!!! July chumming catfish and 50 to 100 cats in the boat common. Ranging from 2 pounds to 15 pounds. August features white bass, wipers and stripers. Can be spectacular fishing.
- September - Mid October - Wiper fishing is at its best. Also white bass, etc.
Our rate is $119 per day and includes lodging, and a half day fishing each night of your stay. We have a 2 day minimum. Watch for Rader Lodge at county fairs, state fairs, and sportshows for fantastic specials.
Reservations: Call or email us today to get your fishing spot reserved.